IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to start of the new service of the blue SIT-buses (Integrated Transport Service), the Rutas Recomendables map is now out-of-date. These services have initiated recently since the 1st of September and have not yet been incorporated into the map. For reasons of transpareceny, I suggest you do not buy the map in its current version. If you are curious about the product, download the free version instead.
This is the flagship map of Rutas Recomendables in A3 format. When you buy this map, you get a high-resolution version, which can be printed on A3 size paper for perfect legibility. You will also get the Combi Map backside information with additional benefits like detailed maps of Centro de Lima and Miraflores. These extra benefits are ONLY available for the high resolution version of the Rutas Recomendables Combi Map. The high resolution Rutas Recomendables Combi Map can be bought for $2.50 by clicking this button: The Rutas Recomendables Combi Map contains the 12 recommended routes for traveling in Lima and will save you a lot of money in the process. So far this product has been bought by 9815 visitors. Read some of their testimonials below. Example
A taxi driver will typically try to charge 15 soles ($5) for a ride from Miraflores to Centro de Lima. By taking the Blue Ruta Recomendable you will pay no more than 1.20 soles ($0.50). That is a saving of $4.50 on your first journey. Even if you take the Metropolitano fast bus, you’ll save over $4. And you’ll save the same amount when you go back to Miraflores.
Additionally, the high resolution version now comes with 8 discount vouchers for various (desirable) items, like Ceviche, Bike Tours, Pisco Sour and Coca Tea (full list in the Discounts tab below). There is also a free version available of the Rutas Recomdables Map, but this version comes in low resolution and without the backside information.
- The map covers 80% of the Lima metropolitan area and ALL of Lima’s tourist destination
- Popular tourist destinations like Centro de Lima, the Aqua Park and the airport are clearly marked
- The map contains 12 routes, which are the recommended routes for tourists to take when traveling in Lima
- Each route is clearly marked by its unique color
- On the map you can find a photo for each route, for easy identification
- The brand new Metropolitano is included as well
- This high-resolution version is designed for printing on A3 size paper and offers perfect legibility
But that is not all. The high-res Rutas Recomendables Combi Map comes with a backside, that has some additional features. These features are ONLY available for the high resolution version:
- Detailed map of the Miraflores district
- Detailed map of Centro de Lima
- The complete route of the Metropolitano, the new, fast bus connection between Centro de Lima and Chorrillos in the south and Independencia in the north of Lima
- Suggestions on How to Go… to Centro de Lima from Miraflores
- Some “enlightening” explanation of the Combi Jargon (for example about paying the fare or getting on and off)
NOW as an additional benefit for buyers of the high resolution Rutas Recomendables Combi Map, I have included 8 discount vouchers, worth over 15 dollars for things such as Coca Tea, Ceviche, Pisco Sour and Bike Tours.
“Lima is such a difficult city to get around by public transport if you don’t speak Spanish and this is a fantastic idea. The photos of the combis and routes is brilliant and make it even easier. This is a clear and useful beginners guide to Lima’s combi system. The download worked perfectly. Thank you Jeroen!”
Gloria – UK
“Download went fine and files look good. I am an infrequent traveler to Lima but I do have a lot of family in the Lima area. Until recently it seemed very hard to get atlas type information about Lima. This should be a good tool to help me get around next time I am in Lima. I look forward to trying it out on my next trip.”
John – US
“I think $5 is more than a fair price to pay for such an invaluable sheet of information. Hopefully, it will be a first step towards a more comprehensive and easier-to-maneuver public transportation system in Lima.”
Jessica – Peru
“Your combi map is something I had been waiting for ages. Being an active and enthusiastic peruvian member (since 2005) of couchsurfing.org, I regularly host foreigners at my place. I live in Monterrico, not precisely the center, and it was always complicated for me to explain to my guests how to get here and there. Not to mention that young travelers are often on a budget, so taxis were not the best solution for them.”
Claudio – Peru
“I am planning to spend next summer in Miraflores. In previous trips to Lima I thought more than once to take a bus or a micro and re-discover the Lima of my youth, but I didn’t know which one to take. However, when I saw you product you made my next adventure in Lima a reality. You had a great idea!”
Alfonso – US
- 2 Free Pisco Sours in El Bolivariano in Pueblo Libre
- Free starter “Conchas a la Parmesana” when eating Ceviche in La Onceava in Barranco
- 20% discount with BikeTours in Miraflores
- Free Cup of Coca Tea in Cafe & Art Gallery Dedalo in Barranco
- The Chef’s Special for only 15 soless in Chifa Capon in the Barrio Chino in Centro de Lima
- 10% discount on your meal when paying in cash at Organic Restaurant el almaZen in Miraflores
- 5% discount when paying in cash with EcoCruceros excursions to see sealions in Islas Palomino.
- Free cocktail with your meal at Restaurant El Mirador (of the Club Nautico of the Peruvian Marine) in La Punta.